Listen, should you take financial advice from me?
Not now — or ever, tbh. I mean, I don’t know if you know this, but in college, I literally wrote about my shopping addiction.
While you maybe should not take financial advice from me, you absofreakinglutely should take fashion advice from me.
So let’s talk about some staples that are worth every penny and actually hold their value.
Every good outfit starts with a good foundation: shoes, jeans, tank. Blazer if you’re being fancy. I won’t suggest any tanks, because, in my experience, you don’t have to splurge there. But for the shoes and jeans, you definitely should!
Best denim for every budget
- Free People CRVY High-Rise Super Skinny Jeans
- Sizes go up to a 35
- These are made for curvy gals, so goodbye to jeans that fit your booty but not your waist! These are made to move with you
- Paige Premium Denim Verdugo Skinny Jean
- $99 – $229 (can often find these at Nordstrom Rack & Saks Off 5th for $80)
- Sizes go up to 34
- Made from their famed TRANSCEND denim for that perfect fit that doesn’t stretch out
- Golden Goose Deluxe Brand
- $399 – $1,000+
- Italian leather
- Features unique distressing and designs
- Comfortable right out the gate
- Rag + Bone New York Boots
- $495 average cost
- Comfortable and will last you YEARS
- I have pairs that are going on 5 years old
When investing in a staple piece, don’t rule out consignment shopping! It’s great for your wallet and the environment. On the flip side, if you purchase new, take advantage of any bonus point initiatives your store of choice might have going on.
Leave a Reply