Sleep is one of the most important things you can do for your health.
More than just a way to recover from a hard day, sleep helps regulate your mood and body’s hormones, which is especially important for those who are experiencing stress and anxiety.
If you’re finding it hard to get a good night’s rest, there are some tips that can help you get more restful sleep, including:
- Avoid caffeine after noon (or at least don’t have it close to bedtime)
- If you’re a fan of an afternoon coffee, try replacing your caffeinated beverage with tea or sparkling water instead because caffeine can prevent deep sleep.
- Make sure your bedroom is dark and cool
- Try not to check your phone or other devices right before bedtime
- Ideally, try not to exercise within 3 hours of going to sleep
Sleeping is important.
It’s the one thing that allows us to recharge and get back on our feet, ready for the next day of work, school, or whatever else we have planned. But it’s also a central part of your health, which is why you should be taking care of your sleep hygiene.
For more, tune into Keeping it Casual with the Girl in Gucci Glasses where I sit down with Board Certified Physician Dr. Ashitey and we chat all things sleep. From melatonin to rem sleep – we’ve got you covered.
Leave a Reply